July 3 – 9, 2017
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
*Coming June 2017
NAtional ATTIRE for Gala & Welcome show
*Coming June 2017
*Announcing Guest performance in June 2017
INTRIGUE OFFERS EXCLUSIVE DISNEY DISCOUNTS DURING NATIONALS. DISCOUNTS coming soon
- 4 days of classes & rehearsals
- All dancers perform in the Gala
- Red Carpet Event with a Guest Show
- Pool Day
- Movie Night
- True Performer Standout routines
- Apprentice Standout routines
- Improv Session
- Teacher Class
- Adjudicated Competition
- Semi-Title and Title Final Competition for HYPE Titles
- Solo Gauntlet Competition, Duo/Trio Gauntlet Competition, Group Gauntlet Competition
- Solo Improv Competition
- SideKick Improv Competition
- True Performer Improv
- Apprentice Improv
- Imagination – young choreographer competition
- Group Gauntlet now with personalized lighting for top 10!
- Awards and Prizes to Intrigue Dance Intensive and Hype Dance Competition
SEMI – Title || HYPE
- All Participants are eligible to compete their solo into the Semi-Title round at Nationals.
- All semis-title entries will compete during the regular portion of the National competition.
- Semi Title Winners will be announced under the following divisions for both male and female: Petite, Junior, Teen, & Senior
- Semi-Title Winners will move into the Title Finals to compete amongst Regional Winners and True Performer/Apprentices in their respected divisions for the National Title Winner.
TITLE Finals || HYpe
- Eligible participants for Title Finals are: Regional Hype Dance Competition Title Winners, Semi-Title winners from current Nationals, all current Apprentices, all current True Performers.
- Entries competing in the Title Finals will not be eligible for the Solo Gauntlet.
- National Title Winners will be announced under the following divisions for both male and female: Petite, Junior, Teen, & Senior
- The top 4 highest scoring solos from each age division of the adjudicated competition will battle it out for the Solo Gauntlet title
- 4 highest scoring solos in each age division – Petite, Junior, Teen, Senior – will enter the Solo Gauntlet
- No more than 1 solo per dancer will be entered into the gauntlet
- The top 3 highest scoring Duo/Trios from each age division of the adjudicated competition will battle it out for the Duo/Trio Gauntlet title
- 3 highest scoring Duo/Trios in each age division – Petite, Junior, Teen, Senior – will enter the Solo Gauntlet
- The top 10 highest scoring entries of the competition will battle it out for the Group Gauntlet title!
- must be a Small Group, Large Group, Line, or Production
- No more than 3 entries per studio will be entered into the Group Gauntlet
- NEW Group Gauntlet choreographers will now have the opportunity to customize their lighting ideas for there Gauntlet!
HYATT REGENCY GRAND CYPRESS
- Minutes from Walt Disney World
- 800,000 Gallon pool with a 120 ft. water slide and splash pad
- Daily shuttle transportation to theme parks & shopping outlet
- Rock climbing wall
- Pitch n Putt
- Golf Driving Range
- Bicycles & Quadricycles
- Water Sports
- 5 Hotel restaurants
NATIONAL WORKSHOP LEVELS & FEES
(Received by May 27, 2016)
(Received after May 27, 2016)
|TUITION FOR 1 DAY ONLY|
|Advanced Students (age: 14+)||$315.00||$340.00||$140.00|
|Intermediate Students (10-13)||$285.00||$310.00||$140.00|
|Beginner Students (6-9)||$245.00||$270.00||$140.00|
COMPETITION DIVISIONS, FEES, & TIME LIMITS
|COMPETITION DIVISION||FEE PER DANCER||TIME LIMIT|
|Solo||$90.00||3 Min. Max|
|Title / Semi-Title (one time charge)||Solo fee + $25.00||3 Min. Max|
|Duo/Trio||$50.00||3 Min. Max|
|Small Group (4-9)||$38.00||3 Min. Max|
|Large Group (10-15)||$38.00||3 Min. Max|
|Extended Time Large Group (10-15)||$41.00||3.5 Min. Max|
|Line (16-24)||$38.00||4 Min. Max|
|Production (25-49)||$38.00||5 Min. Max|
|Ext. Production (50+)||$38.00||7 Min. Max|
A fee of $3.00 per dancer will be added if a routine goes over allotted time.
AGE AVERAGING CLARIFICATION
To find the appropriate age category for your routine, simply add all the dancers’ ages as of the start date of competition and divide by the number dancers in the entry. When finding the average age of your routine always remove the decimal point. For example if an average age returns a number of 15.8, remove the .8 to have an average age of 15. Therefore, your number would be placed under the Teen Division, Ages 13-15. NOTE: All ages are as of JANUARY 1, 2016.